[CMake] test CMake

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Sep 30 16:16:32 EDT 2005

> - Can CMake compile Fortran projects ?

Yes though this is fairly new and the dependency handling is limited.

> - Can CMake manage files dependencies ? (For example, when a include
> file is modified, the source files which include it are re-built)

Yes, it does a great job of this by default

> - Except the platforms specified on the web site,  do you know other
> platforms  where CMake can be installed without problem ?

We do not know of any platforms where it cannot be installed without a
problem. There probably are a few but we regularly test 20 or so platforms.

> - Do the MSVC.net files are generated without problem ?

Not sure what the question is here, but CMake supports the native Visual
Studio 6,7,8  IDE and nmake both.

Thanks
Ken