[CMake] FLTK_WRAP_UI cmake-2.2.0

nicholasshea at tiscali.co.uk nicholasshea at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 09:46:42 EDT 2005

Hello there, I am new to this list and to cmake.

I am having problems with the FLTK_WRAP_UI command under cmake-2.2.0.
Under cmake-2.0, I was able to build a static library of my fluid sources
and link to it successfully.

I changed the FLTK_WRAP_UI syntax for 2.2.0 as follows:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Sources
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SET (UI_SOURCES
TsOpenGLWindow.fl
TsTesselatorWindow.fl
TsProgressWindow.fl
sLightsWindow.fl
TsCellsWindow.fl
TsAboutWindow.fl
)

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Build static lib of the fluid generated sources
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FLTK_WRAP_UI(tsui ${UI_SOURCES})
ADD_LIBRARY (tsUI STATIC ${tsui_FLTK_UI_SRCS})

Then, in another CMakeLists.txt, I have:

ADD_EXECUTABLE(TesselSphere ${TESSELSPHERE_SOURCES})

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Link the executable to required libraries.
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(TesselSphere tsQhull tsUI ${OPENGL_LIBRARIES} stlport
${FLTK_LIBRARIES} ${WM3_LIB} )

However, I get the following warning when running "cmake ."

[nicholas at taurus tesselsphere-1.2.1]$ cmake .
-- Checking for FLTK...
-- FLTK include dir: [/usr/local/include]
-- FLTK libs: [/usr/local/lib/libfltk_images.a;-lpng;-lz;-ljpeg;/usr/local/lib/libfltk.a;/usr/local
/lib/libfltk_gl.a;/usr/local/lib/libfltk_forms.a;-lSM;-lICE;/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so;/usr/X11R6/lib
/libXext.so;-lm]
-- Checking for OpenGL...
-- OpenGL include dir: [/usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/include]
-- OpenGL libs: [/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so;/usr/lib/libGL.so;-lSM;-lICE;-lSM;-lICE;/usr/X11R6/lib/li
bX11.so;/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so;/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so;/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so]
-- Checking for STLport...
-- STLport include dir: [/home/nicholas/STLport/stlport/]
-- Checking for WildMagic3...
-- WildMagic3 include dir: [/home/nicholas/GeometricTools/WildMagic3/Include/]
-- Checking for WildMagic3 Release libs...
-- WildMagic3 Release Library dir: [/home/nicholas/GeometricTools/WildMagic3/Library/Release]
-- Found libWildMagic3.a
-- Found libWm3Application.a
-- Found libWm3Renderer.a
In CMake 2.2 the FLT_WRAP_UI command sets a variable to the list of source
files that should be added to your executable or library. It appears that
you have not added these source files to your target. You should change your
CMakeLists.txt file to directly add the generated files to the target.For
example FTLK_WRAP_UI(foo src1 src2 src3) will create a variable named foo_FLTK_UI_SRCS
that contains the list of sources to add to your target when you call ADD_LIBRARY
or ADD_EXECUTABLE. For now CMake 2.2 will add the sources to your target
for you as was done in CMake 2.0 and earlier. In the future this may become
an error.
-- Configuring done
Warning: Custom command for source file TsOpenGLWindow.h.rule was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file TsTesselatorWindow.h.rule was not
used.
Warning: Custom command for source file TsProgressWindow.h.rule was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file TsLightsWindow.h.rule was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file TsCellsWindow.h.rule was not used.
Warning: Custom command for source file TsAboutWindow.h.rule was not used.
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/nicholas/tesselsphere-1.2.1
[nicholas at taurus tesselsphere-1.2.1]$

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Also, I do not understand the warnings
regarding custom commands as I have not written any custom commands.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Nicholas Shea

Book yourself something to look forward to in 2005.
Cheap flights - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/flights/
Bargain holidays - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/holidays/