[CMake] CMake 2.2 dependency check skip

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Oct 19 02:35:58 EDT 2005

> Von: Filipe Sousa <filipe at ipb.pt>
>
> I don't know if this works or not, but try setting
> SET(CMAKE_SKIP_RULE_DEPENDENCY 1)

No, AFAIK this has the effect that the files are not rebuilt if there
CMakeLists.txt changed (e.g. if other options where inserted), but only
if there "real" dependencies changed.

"make -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2" doesn't really work, it can be used to
build the whole source tree, and it needs the target which it should
build. I'd like also to be able to call something like "make fast" (or
"make nodep") from somewhere in my source tree and have it just build
without checking the dependencies again.

If I want to do it manually and my sources  live under /usr/src/myproj/,
and I only want to build /usr/src/myproj/src/app/, I would have to enter:

alex at linux:/usr/src/myproj/src/app/ $ cd /usr/src/myproj/ && make -f
src/foo/app/CMakeFiles/app.dir/build.make
src/foo/app/CMakeFiles/app.dir/build

Bye
Alex