[CMake] CMake 2.2 dependency check skip

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Oct 18 16:22:55 EDT 2005

With CMake 2.0 I would often run "make all" instead of just "make".
When running "make all", the build system would skip any dependency
checking and just compile whatever changed based on whatever
dependencies are known.  Whether intentional or not, I used this feature
frequently when compiling small changes in big projects such as ParaView
(a mode I am in often) since the dependency checking can take up to half
a minute.

I notice that the makefiles built by CMake 2.2 now also do dependency
checking when "make all" is run.  Is there a target I can use to skip
the dependency checking?

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories