[CMake] problems submitting nightly build with ctest for debug/release

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Oct 5 14:44:34 EDT 2005

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva wrote:
>   "${MYCTEST} -C Debug -D NightlyBuild"
>   "${MYCTEST} -C Debug -D NightlyTest"
>   "${MYCTEST} -D NightlySubmit"
>
> where ${MYCTEST} is set to the ctest program path.
>
> This, however, builds the release version in bin/release, but doesn't
> build build the bin/debug files. I think it might have to do with
> clearing some files or variables in the cache...

The ctest that comes with CMake 2.0 and earlier does not pay attention
to the -C flag when using the -D flag.  The -C flag is only used with
the -I flag.  For -D the configuration with which CMake itself was built
(release in your case) is used.

This has been fixed in CMake 2.2.  You should be able to run

   "${MYCMAKE} -DBUILDNAME:STRING=mybuild-rel .
   "${MYCTEST} -D NightlyStart"
   "${MYCTEST} -D NightlyUpdate"
   "${MYCTEST} -D NightlyConfigure"
   "${MYCTEST} -C Release -D NightlyBuild"
   "${MYCTEST} -C Release -D NightlyTest"
   "${MYCTEST} -D NightlySubmit"

   "${MYCMAKE} -DBUILDNAME:STRING=mybuild-dbg .
   "${MYCTEST} -D NightlyStart"
   "${MYCTEST} -D NightlyConfigure"
   "${MYCTEST} -C Debug -D NightlyBuild"
   "${MYCTEST} -C Debug -D NightlyTest"
   "${MYCTEST} -D NightlySubmit"

to get what you want but I have not tested it.

-Brad