[CMake] file property SWIG_FLAGS results in NOTFOUND

Anton Deguet anton at cs.jhu.edu
Thu Mar 31 15:47:34 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 16:23, Axel Wachtler wrote:
> Hallo all,
>
> I use cmake in a project under mingw and under linux, so the
> Makefile Generator is "Unix Makefiles".
>
> Currently with Swig, two issues coming up (may be coming from
> layer 8, e.g. from the guy sitting in front of the terminal).

> (2)
> The second question is, I want to add a custom file generator
> before swig is called (a Python script, which generates
> another swig module),  how I can do this? I could not find a
> valid target  name, to use in  ADD_CUSTOM_(TARGET|COMMAND).

In my CMakeLists.txt, I have a FOREACH with a ${lib} variable.  It works
using a prefix "_" to the target name.  I believe in the UseSWIG.swig,
there is a "REAL_NAME" variable which adds an underscore for Python
only.  I don't if you are supposed to use this trick (i.e. how long will
it work), but it works with CMake 2.0.5.

  SWIG_ADD_MODULE(${lib}Python python ${SWIG_INTERFACE})

  ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND(TARGET _${lib}Python
                        POST_BUILD
                        COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND}
                        ARGS -E copy ........

In your case, your "target" is _example.

--
Anton Deguet                          Systems Engineer
NSF ERC CISST                    Johns Hopkins University