[CMake] debug & optimized

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Thu Mar 17 08:32:11 EST 2005

At 02:21 AM 3/17/2005, Martin Groher wrote:
>Ok, I've found a solution (without the book actually):
>Just set a CMake variable called
>CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX
>to "D", that does the whole thing. Then one can copy a debug lib with a
>suffix D and the release lib to one directory.
>
>Where's the point of this mailing list when all you get is a reference to
>the book?
>Thanks though, Brad.

I guess the mailing list is around for people to complain about.

Seriously, I think the question was not clear, and Brad did his best
to answer it as stated.  If you had asked how do you rename a library for
debug builds, I am sure someone on the list would have given an answer.

I am not really sure why you need to copy stuff anyway.
CMake automatically adds the current (INTDIR) to all LINK_DIRECTORIES.

So if you just put your libraries in Release and Debug then it should work,
the trick is to specify the path to the parent directory.

CMake essentially does this -Lc:/my/lib/$(INTDIR) -Lc/my/lib for each library
directory.

-Bill