[CMake] make target names for individual executables?

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 4 18:10:28 EST 2005

Hello,

I have a CMakeLists file that calls SUBDIRS(...). Each sub-CMakeList
basically consists of an ADD_EXECUTABLE statement.

So running "make" from the top directory builds all the executables.
Moving into one of the subdirectories just builds that executable. This
is all good. However, I can't figure out how to run something like
"make Executable1" to just make a particular executable from the top
level directory.

The makefile defines some targets like "default_target_Executable1",
but when I run "make default_target_Executable1", it seems that all the
executables get built anyway.

Is there any way to get individual targets from the CMakeLists into the
makefiles? I checked the FAQ and docs, but I can't find anything
obvious...

Thanks,

Zach Pincus

Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine