[CMake] XML CMake ?

Doug Henry brilligent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 10:52:49 EST 2005

I think XML would be the way to go.  It would be easy enough to format
the XML so that it is more human readable if needed, you could even
write a stylesheet to format it to the current syntax.  I think your
point about third-party integration is a good one, given a good xsd
you could easily write apps without knowning everything about the
cmake "language".  It would also be very easy to verify that a
cmake-xml file is sytactically correct using a cmake supplied schema
file, no cmake needed for that.  If there was a schema file, there are
many off the shelf xml editors that could be used already.