[CMake] FIND_PATH (was Re: Frameworks and FIND_FILE)

E. Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 16:16:37 EST 2005

Crap, I got the functions confused. I meant this discussion to be
focused on FIND_PATH, not FIND_FILE. I think I refered to FIND_PATH at
some point, but I accidentally interchanged them somewhere along the
line.

Anyway, grepping through the official Find*.cmake modules it seems
that almost nobody uses FIND_FILE and everybody uses FIND_PATH. I
think we need to move the changes over to FIND_PATH. We probably can
keep most of the changes to FIND_FILE allowing for whatever
differerences there are between the two functions. (Looking at the
docs, I'm not totally sure what the differences are supposed to be
between the two functions.)

Thanks,
Eric