[CMake] Re: CMake Marketing

E. Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 06:15:10 EST 2005

> With SCons, you run scons from the command line.  SCons does not use nmake,
> make or any other tool.  It performs the build directly, so there is
> no IDE support.

So I'm still trying to get a picture in my head of this. The SCons web
page has the following bullet point:
Built-in support for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and past Visual
Studio versions, including generation of .dsp, .dsw, .sln and .vcproj
files.

So how does this work? You run SCons from the command line. They
create a .sln, but when you double click it, what happens? Does the
normal VS IDE pop up or does it go open a console window and start
building? Is the IDE full of the normal stuff a VS user would expect
to see, or is it completely empty with some kind of script phase that
invokes Python/Scons?

Thanks,
Eric