[CMake] RE: CMake Digest, Vol 20, Issue 23

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Tue Dec 20 18:24:37 EST 2005

At 05:04 PM 12/20/2005, Sylvain PRAT wrote:
>AFAIK, make from MSYS is not MSYS specific and should work without it.
>Anyway, I also encountered a similar problem (i.e. CMakeSetup unable to
>compile a simple example) using either mingw32-make.exe or make from
>UnxUtils, so it is NOT MSYS specific but CMake/MinGw specific I think ;)

OK, so for the record.

1. There is a bug in CMakeSetup and currently it can only build msys based make
programs IF you run CMakeSetup from a shell.  If you run CMakeSetup from the
Start menu, the make will crash.   So,  to use CMake with MinGW, you
have to use Msys and run CMakeSetup from the msys command prompt.

2. CMake 2.2.4 should have this bug fixed, as well as a
specific  "Msys Makefiles" generator, to avoid the confusion the
unix makefile generator has caused.

3. I am currently looking into the possibility of adding support for mingw32-make.

-Bill