[CMake] CMake Marketing

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 15:24:11 EST 2005

Chris Volpe ARA/SED wrote:

>IIRC, "advocacy" was the term of choice for Usenet news groups dedicated
>to such purposes.

"Advocacy" on Usenet means "where we shove all the undesireable people
who rant and rave about why their OS is better than someone else's OS,
so that they will leave us alone and we can get real discussions
accomplished."  *.advocacy groups are cess pools, deliberately
engineered to help drain the swamp.  They have nothing to do with what
we intend for CMake promotion efforts, and it would have been a very,
very, very bad idea to have chosen that term.  It would also be the Kiss
Of Death to use that term in any CMake promotional materials at all.
Never, ever, EVER talk to Techies about "advocating" something.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every
20% of the world is real.