[CMake] Building VTK, how to install it?, how does CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX work?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Dec 15 12:55:04 EST 2005

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've built VTK.  An old build I did months ago
has a folder called "InstallTest" which contains 'bin', 'include', and
'lib' folders containing the public headers and built libraries, which
is great.  However, the builds I am making these days don't have this
folder, and I want it back. :)

My cmake script has this line:

CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=$ENV{HOME}/kitware/${CTEST_BINARY_NAME}/InstallTest

and I build with this line:

ctest -S nightly_build_vtk_cocoa.cmake -V

But I'm obviously missing something to get it generated.  I'm using
cmake 2.2.3.

Thanks for any help,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com