[CMake] CMake Marketing

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Dec 14 14:14:36 EST 2005

As Brandon recently pointed out, CMake could use some effort in marketing.
I would like to start a new mailing list devoted to marketing CMake.  It would
be the same idea as the marketing-python list found here:

http://pythonology.com/pipermail/marketing-python/

The first order of business will be to name the new list.
Currently, there are several ideas:

promote at cmake.org
guerilla at cmake.org
marketing at cmake.org

Are there any other ideas? If not, is there a preference for
one of these?

Along these lines I would also like to build up a list of
CMake Success stories.  So, if you have one, or are using
CMake for your project and would like to be listed on the CMake
home page as a CMake success, please send me a link to your project.
If you want, also include a testimonial to how great CMake has worked
for you.

I think wider use of CMake would be beneficial to CMake's user base.
So, if you have any ideas along these lines, please let me know.

Thanks.

-Bill