[CMake] impossible to order the linker search path

Philip Batchelor philip.batchelor at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Dec 2 08:36:59 EST 2005

Hi

I am trying to install a vtk-5 (from cvs), on a freshly built gentoo
linux machine. It compiles without wrapping,
but when I toggle Python wrapping in CMake, cmake fails with this message:

'It is impossible to order the linker search path in such a way that
libraries specified as full paths will be
 picked by the linker.
 Directories and libraries involved are:
 Directory: /usr/X11R6/lib contains:
 Library: /usr/lib/libutil.so
 Library: /usr/lib/python2.4/config/libpython2.4.a'

The only mention I could see in Google is in a bug tracker from vtk
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2179&pos=19
but I don't see what the solution is meant to be, and the problem seems
to be from cmake.

Has anyone got a suggestion for diagnostic?

Ph