[CMake] FYI, XCode generator name now Xcode15

Lars Pechan lars.pechan at parkerpechan.com
Tue Aug 30 17:10:38 EDT 2005

Hi Bill,
Perhaps I wasn't being clear enough. I'm using Xcode-2.1. CMake-
CVS-2005-08-28 generates a projname.xcode directory. When I open it
Xcode moans about the project file being in a previous version's
format and suggest writing a new one. Going through with this creates
a projname.xcodeproj project. This isn't such a big problem except
that whenever there is a change in projname it looks like my
projname.xcodeproject doesn't pick up the change. If I just 'cmake .'
in my local builddirectory projname.xcode is updated and I can then
repeat the cycle but of course it would be much preferable if the
correct Xcode project was updated.

I rather foolishly tried removing projname.xcode and recreate it as a
symlink to projname.xcodeproj. This does indeed update the project in
a way that Xcode realises but sadly the regenerated project-file is
again for an older version of Xcode. This takes me right back to
square one.

This isn't an enormous problem but it would of course save time and
some frustration if this could be fixed. Or perhaps I'm doing
something wrong?

Thanks,,

/Lars