[CMake] Question about ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Tue Aug 30 01:52:02 EDT 2005

I'm in the process of porting an application from static Makefiles to
cmake to make building easier on other platforms.  However, I have quite a
bit of documentation and graphs that are created by dot.  I see that I can
find dot by using ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindDoxygen.make, and I have this
done.  My question however is, is there any way to create a custom
target/command that will work with wild cards?  For exmaple, I had the
below in my static makefile:

%.png: %.dot
    dot -T $(FORMAT) -o $@ $<

Needless to say, this is very helpful, and I would prefer to avoid having
to manually add a command for each graph.

--
Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>