[CMake] RE: Qt 4.0 support in CMake and VTK

Christopher Knox knoxc at uci.edu
Thu Aug 25 15:51:56 EDT 2005

Hi,

This might be a totally unnecessary as you probably are aware of this
- but just in case you are not I thought I would submit it.

When you do a default configure of Qt4 on a Mac it does a 'framework'
build and and the Qt modules land up in
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.0.1/lib/QtXXXX.framework - the header files
are actually in
QTXXXX.framework/Versions/Current/Headers and the actual library is
QTXXXX.framework/Versions/Current/QTXXXX (with no extension)

There are symlinks to both the headers and the library in
QTXXX.framework

If you pass -no-framework to configure then you get something that
looks the same as the linux install and the headers are then in /usr/
local/Trolltech/Qt-4.0.1/include/QtXXXX

But although Trolltech provides a 'framework' build it seems that
qmake -query is not aware of it.

Unfortunately Qt4 users on OSX could have either of these
configurations - something that will make cmake's job more complicated.

I hope that was helpful and not something you already knew :)

Chris