[CMake] Only build a subset of all targets in ALL_BUILD

wedekind wedekind at caesar.de
Wed Aug 24 04:44:28 EDT 2005

Hello Brad,

thanks for your reply! I have tried the second approach that you have
suggested and it creates a target which only builds the targets I want and
any targets that my given targets depend on :) I guess that targets that my
subset components depend on will not be build if I exclude them by not
adding them to the SUBDIRS (which was your first suggestion)?

Now there is something I need in addition to this behaviour... =O
As I have already written in "[CMake] How do I install targets?", I want to
build the INSTALL target, to be able to use CMake's INSTALL_TARGETS-support
without additionaly calling something like "make install". The INSTALL
target however triggers the ALL_BUILD target by default. Is there a way to
trigger another (custom) target with INSTALL instead of ALL_BUILD? Or could
I somehow influence the ALL_BUILD target more directly? If this would be
possible, I could you the same build process to build the whole package or
just subsets that have been fixed recently for example.

Cheers

Marco