[CMake] Re: howto use ExperimentalMemoryCheck

Jan Woetzel jw at mip.informatik.uni-kiel.de
Fri Aug 19 10:05:55 EDT 2005

Andy Cedilnik wrote:

>Hi Jan,
>
>Could you try doing the same thing with the CVS trunk CMake?

Tried CVS HEAD from today.
I'm having problems compiling our software with that cmake version, it
does not seem to be backward compatibel to 2.0.6.
However,
the (almost empty) DynamicAnalysis.xml is generated, correctly submitted
and displayed on Dart server.

The problem is on my side, now and I will ry to adapt our CMakeLists on
moday.
Maybe a side efefct of the "CMakeFiles" directory, the directory target
on the top Maefile or our custom targets..
I will see on moday, too frustrated today - going to the beach, now ;-)

If you are interested, there is a warning about the Makefile/Makefile2:

make
/home/jw/source/CMake/bin/cmake -H/home/jw/tmp/BIAS -B/home/jw/tmp/BIAS
--check-build-system CMakeFiles/Makefile.cmake 0
make -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 all
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jw/tmp/BIAS'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:3952: Warnung: Die Befehle für das Ziel
»Image/Examples/directorystart« werden überschrieben
... (and many others, translation from german: the commands for target
.... are overwritten. )

Corresponding snippet from Makefile2:
# Convenience name for directory.
Image/Examples/directorystart: cmake_check_build_system
    $(MAKE) -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 Image/Examples/directory

Jan.

--

  Dipl.-Ing. Jan Woetzel
  University of Kiel