[CMake] Re: [vtk-developers] deprecated CRT routines in MSVS8

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Aug 3 14:11:29 EDT 2005

David Cole wrote:
> Or if not a macro, at least a .cmake script that can be included by a
> one-liner to turn the warnings on or off...

I'd still like to have the granularity of the
CMAKE_MSVC_NO_DEPRECATE_LIST approach, but agree with your argument for
preserving native platform behavior.  We could just put the default list
setting in a module that users can include to get the behavior:

# Custom deprecation disable list
SET(CMAKE_MSVC_NO_DEPRECATE_LIST ${MY_CUSTOM_LIST})

or

# Default deprecation disable list
INCLUDE(VisualStudioNoDeprecate)

Since the module is not included by default the native behavior is
preserved.

Alternatively we could just provide the default list in a variable:

# Default deprecation disable list
SET(CMAKE_MSVC_NO_DEPRECATE_LIST
   ${CMAKE_MSVC_NO_DEPRECATE_LIST_DEFAULT})

-Brad