Re: [CMake] Recent changes in CVS

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Aug 1 16:06:09 EDT 2005

> Von: "Ken Martin" <ken.martin at kitware.com>
>
> Due to some performance problems with many small files on Windows I have
> reworked the makefile generator again :-) I still have a bit to do (some
> dependency issues where it is being too aggressive right now) but here is
> what has been done. The makefile generator now produces far fewer files,
> does not complain about unused custom commands (and there is a long term
> reason for this) and it now hides much of the CMake crud into a
> CMakeFiles subdirectory.

While this is nice, it is now slightly inconsistent with the usage of
CMAKE_TARGET_DIR_PREFIX. If this is set to something different than
"CMakeFiles/", the build tree ends up with two cmake subdirectories,
"CMakeFiles/", which contains mainly CMakeDirectoryInformation.cmake, and
${CMAKE_TARGET_DIR_PREFIX}/ which contains all the other files. So maybe
CMAKE_TARGET_DIR_PREFIX should be removed again ?

Bye
Alex