[Cmake] using cmake to build embedded ecos applications

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Sep 13 17:32:37 EDT 2004

Hi,

I thought I'd let you know what I just posted to the ecos maling list.
ecos (http://ecos.sourceware.org), the embedded configurable operating
system is a small real time OS distributed under the GPL license. I
invested some time and now it is possible to use cmake for
cross-compiling ecos applications. So here's the announcement:

Are you also tired of having to write Makefiles for ecos ? Do you also
think manually writing Makefiles sucks ? Are you also scared of the GNU
autotools and friends ?
Then maybe I'll have something for you. I'd like to introduce a cmake
(http://www.cmake.org )-based build system for ecos, which frees you from
the burden of writing Makefiles:
http://www.neundorf.net/cmake/using_ecos_with_cmake.php
There you'll find a first description and a tarball containing two
example projects:
http://www.neundorf.net/cmake/using_ecos_with_cmake.tar.bz2
(or for direct browsing: http://www.neundorf.net/cmake/firmware )

It offers the following features:
-automatic Makefile creation
-easy syntax
-handles ecos dependancies
-works both under Linux and Windows/cygwin
-build ecos applications for multiple targets (synth, arm-elf, powerpc)
-build ecos applications in various variants, e.g. a debug and a release
version
-automatically create the ELF file, the binary and the srec file

Let me know if you like it, if you have suggestions, problems, etc.

Bye
Alex

--
Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl