[CMake] Merging libraries (equivalent of autotools' "convenience libraries")

Alex Brooks a.brooks at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Wed Oct 27 09:53:58 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm in the process of converting a sizeable project from using GNU
autotools to cmake.  The autotools version builds object code in several
libraries, creates a (libtool) convenience library in each directory,
then right at the end of the build it merges the lot into one shared
library.

This keeps the entire project fairly modular (different directories
don't have to know about each others' contents), but lets people link
against the single merged library with one '-lWholeShebang' or similar.

I haven't been able to work out how to get similar behaviour using
cmake.  I wonder if anyone can help?

Cheers,

Alex