[CMake] Re: Out of source build and KDevelop

Andrew Maclean a.maclean at cas.edu.au
Thu Oct 21 20:10:16 EDT 2004

I use a similar setup to Andy but keep stable common utilities in a
different tree containing just the source.
I have a folder for utilities.
Then in the main project I will have subprojects that compile libraries from
utilities. These are then linked into the main project.
i.e.

/utilities/gps - would contain just source files.
X/Job1/gpsPrj - would be a project that builds a library from /utilities/gps
X/Job1/MainPrj - would be the main project that also links in files from
X/Job1/gps and any other common libraries.
Also X/Job1/ will contain other subprojects of common routines to that
project.

This has the advantage that if bugs are found they only need to be fixed in
one set of source code.

Andrew