[CMake] Re: Out of source build and KDevelop

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Oct 18 16:35:38 EDT 2004

> At 10:08 AM 10/18/2004, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >> When you load the project into kdevelop, and you load the top level
> >> project, does it also load the other projects?   Why do you want
> >> them all to be called CMake?
> >
> >Well, I don't really want them all to be called CMake. That's just the
> best
> >way I
> >found until now.
> >
> >> For example, cmake contains the Curl project
> >> as a sub project.   Why should you load the project CMAke to build
> Curl?
> >> How does kdevelop treat these sub-projects?  Does it load them all
when
> >> you load the top one?

make.
> So
> >they
> >will be "made" too.
> >
> >So, two points: finding better names for the project files and
including
> all
> >source
> >files of sub-projects in upper projects, right ?
> >
> >Bye
> >Alex
> >

> Yes, that sounds good.  To get the correct names, I think you have
> to move the code to the global generator and basically remove the
> kdevelop3
> local generator.

The attached version of the patch implements both things (correct project
file names and including all files of all "sublevel" projects), but still
in the local generator.

To be honest I didn't really understand how/why to move th stuff into the
global generator. I think it doesn now everything as expected.

Bye
Alex

--
GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail