[CMake] problem: using options other than -D with VS.NET

Erik van der Wal kireputsje at dochmarwat.nl
Fri Oct 15 14:20:04 EDT 2004

Brad King wrote:

> Erik van der Wal wrote:
>
>> 2) Is is possible to change this .NET generator to only accept -D
>> options, disregarding any other option? Preferably it should also
>> give a warning message saying it did disregard some flags.
>
> The proper fix is probably to create a new command that doesn't take
> the -D options explicitly and then deprecate the original command.

I agree, but this command will probably stay, because of backwards
compatibility. To prevent other people from spending time, looking for
strange errors, a warning message would still be preferable (at least
for the .net generator) .
Anyway, thanks for your quick responses.

Regards, Erik van der Wal.