[Cmake] Re: [Vxl-users] Ptoblems with GTK und Suse Linux 9.1, cmake problem?

Amitha Perera perera at cs.rpi.edu
Mon May 31 12:34:05 EDT 2004

On Sun 30 May 2004, durucan at web.de wrote:
> > vxl uses config/cmake/Modules/NewCMake/FindGTK2.cmake to find
> > GTK2. This in turn relies on a script/program called pkg-config. Make
> > sure that you have pkg-config in your PATH, or else set the variable
> > PKG_CONFIG to point to it, and all should be well. In general, the
>
> The pkg-config is in the path and the PKG_CONGIG variable is correctly
> set to
> /usr/bin/pkg-config

Good.

> However, ccmake still could not find the GTK2 files in opt/gnome.
> Is it a problem of cmake 2.0?

Maybe, but probably not...

> I did not have gtkgle stuff I will install it.

Since vxl requires GTKGLExt, it simply checks for that and its
dependencies. This means that pkg-config will return both the GTKGLExt
libraries and the GTK2 libraries. Vxl does not check for GTK2
explicitly. So, if you don't have GTKGLExt, you don't have GTK2 as
far as vxl is concerned. This explains your symptoms.

Email back if installing GTKGLExt does not solve the problem.

Amitha.