[Cmake] How to make Check*Exists modules include headers

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed, 19 May 2004 12:06:45 -0400

Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
> I only checked CheckTypeSize.cmake, CheckFunctionExists.cmake and
> CheckVariableExists.cmake, none of which had parameters for include
> files. It is not clear to my why there is the is a need for
> CheckFunctionExists.cmake and CheckVariableExists.cmake with this module
> here. But this module still does not fit what I need. Because I am
> checking for OpenGL functions an I need to be able to specify the
> include directories and link libraries. These seem like natural options
> that would be needed for these kinds of check functions. I managed to
> hack up the CheckTypesSize.cmake module to add additional parameters for
> these. I guess I have more hacking to do.

Please submit these changes as a feature request here:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

Thanks.

For now you can create your own copies of these modules for your project
and just use the INCLUDE command to import them from your source tree.

 > The CMake MACRO command doesn't have optional parameters or default
values for parameters?

The 2.0 release added some support for a variable number of arguments,
but does not have default values.  The MACRO command was not originally
intended to turn CMake's language into a full procedural language.
Problems like this occur when a language is developed while already in
use and features are added as needed.

-Brad