[Cmake] CMake Apple XCode support?

Eric Wing ewing2121 at yahoo.com
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:07:49 -0800 (PST)

I saw an old thread asking if CMake could build XCode
projects. It looked like somebody was going to try to
get documentation from Apple or Qmake. I was
wondering, has any progress been made over this?

Some people might be wondering why use XCode when
traditional makefiles are supported. For me, XCode
tends to build a Mac .app bundle correctly whereas
traditional Makefiles tend not to without coercion.
(On a related note, I coerced CMake to build me a
bundle, but is there a way I can use the standard
CMake INSTALL command to install my bundle, which is
actually a directory structure with stuff inside, with
the correct permissions? INSTALL only seems to handle
single files, not directories.)

But I think the coolest reason to use XCode is because
of it's support for Distributed Compiling via
Rendezvous. This feature absolutely rocks! Rather than
compiling on my single machine, with the click of 2
checkboxes, I can utilize every Mac on the network for
building.

Thanks,
Eric