[Cmake] Basic questions

Bernhard Glück bernhard at realspace.org
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:02:20 +0100

Hi !

We recently tried out several make tools and found cmake to be the best
fit for our purposes.
However we seem to be unable to achieve the following ( short elaboration )

Our project is comprised of a single big source tree. Subdivided into
namespaces and correspondig directories.. e.g

Source\Fr .. Root Source Directory
Source\Fr\Core .. Core source direcotry
Source\Fr\Core\Platform Platform module of core
Source\Fr\Core\Platform\Win32 Win32 specifics of platform module.
Source\Fr\Core\Math Math module of core.

Each of those directories correspond to a namespace too e.g All headers in
Fr\Core\Platform are in the namespace Fr::Core::Platform

Ok what we want to achieve now is to generate a Shared Library for each
top level package ( those unter Source\Fr )
this works fine..
However for each further subdirectory we want to have a folder in our VC
project file too e.g it should look like this
in the solution view:

Project: Fr.Core
Folders:
Platform
Platform\Win32
Math

However we can.t seem to achieve that using the source commands and
SOURCE_GROUP does not seem to work either...
Any help on this ?