[Cmake] Variable Behavior

Richard Wackerbarth rkw at Dataplex.Net
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:54:03 -0600

In playing around with the Dart rules in order to get it to behave in a
way that I think that I want, I noticed something that wasn't
consistent from one run to the next.

The first run starts with an empty directory

The hostname is output by the lines

   # set the site name
   SITE_NAME(SITE)
   # set the build name

in the Dart.cmake module.

However, once the cache is present, the output does not occur.
I added some MESSAGES to check. The SITE_NAME command is executed in
both cases.

My question is Should this happen? I seems to me that the command
either should always output the value, or never do so.

[Legacy] ~/TestBuildTree/dt> cmake ../../SourceTrees/dt
-- Check for working C compiler: gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: gcc -- works
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++ -- works
-- Check if the system is big endian
-- Check if the system is big endian - little endian
Legacy.Dataplex.Net
-- Using Buildname: FreeBSD-5.2-c++
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
[Legacy] ~/TestBuildTree/dt> cmake ../../SourceTrees/dt
-- Check for working C compiler: gcc -- works
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++ -- works
-- Using Buildname: FreeBSD-5.2-c++
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done

[Legacy] ~/TestBuildTree/dt>