[Cmake] Ad: Strange behavior of FIND_PROGRAM

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:33:02 -0500

David Svoboda wrote:
> Well, I don't think it is true every time. If I delete the variable (using
> delete option in GUI), it behaves in the same manner I mentioned. The
> value is stored somewhere in the memory, so the deletion the cache value
> doesn't change anything.

I'm not able to duplicate this behavior.  When I delete the entry, the
search runs again and finds the program in the same place it found it
the first time, so it appears that nothing changes.  If, however, a new
copy of the program has been placed earlier in the path, then it finds
it in the new place.  What are you trying to get CMake to do?

-Brad