[Cmake] Building .app bundle for Mac OS X

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:59:49 -0500

Greetings,
	I am working on building Carbon applications on Mac OS X (my problem
may be there for Cocco) with CMake. It seems that the windowing system
requires an application to be in a *.app bundle for it to be able to
correctly receive events from the windowing system.  I don't see any
support for building bundles in CMake? Perhaps it just a matter of
adding a custom function in an Module?
	I have searched around; I have not found much information regarding
why the bundle would be needed or what it does with the needed *.plist
file. If there is a work around to not needed an application bundle
that would be good news too. I may be incorrect with this, but didn't
VTK have the same interaction problem (may have been fixed?) with it's
Carbon window/interaction class? So what have people done to get around
this problem with building native  window applications on Mac OS  X
with CMake?

Thanks,
Brad