[Cmake] compiling and testing CMake with gcc -mno-cygwin for MinGW

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:15:15 -0500

Well, that is why we have the test with one config and with two configs
to catch this kind of problem.   I don't think it can be fixed by changing
the order in the cmGlobalGenerator.cxx.   The problem is that CMAKE_C_FLAGS
can not be initialized until we know what compiler it is.  Often times the
compiler file sets special flags for the CMAKE_C_FLAGS.

I think this can be fixed if we change CMakeDeterminCCompiler.cmake to do this:

   IF(CMAKE_C_FLAGS)
    SET(CMAKE_BOOT_C_FLAGS ${CMAKE_C_FLAGS})
  ELSE(CMAKE_C_FLAGS)
    SET(CMAKE_BOOT_C_FLAGS $ENV{CFLAGS})
  ENDIF(CMAKE_C_FLAGS)
  EXEC_PROGRAM(${CMAKE_C_COMPILER} ARGS ${CMAKE_BOOT_C_FLAGS} -E "\"${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/CMakeTestGNU.c\"" OUTPUT_VARIABLE CMAKE_COMPILER_OUTPUT RETURN_VALUE CMAKE_COMPILER_RETURN)

Can you try it?  If it works for you I will check it in.

-Bill