[Cmake] OS X wxWindows GUI problems

Eric Wing ewing2121 at yahoo.com
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 00:46:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I'm trying out the CMake 1.8.3 wxWindows GUI
frontend on OS X and I'm experiencing problems with
its rendering and interface.

When I first bring it up, the window fails to display
the scrollbar and the buttons to change a field entry
are not visible. The field in the Cache Values seems
rather small (wide enough for about 8 characters) and
is much smaller than the picture in the Mastering
CMake book, while the white data entry fields are
really long.

If I resize the window larger, I can get the scrollbar
and see part of the change field entry buttons. But no
matter what size I pick, the field entry buttons are
cut off on the right (by the scrollbar?). The buttons
are also too tall for the field so they are cut off on
the bottom too.

If I try changing a field where I am required to type,
I cannot see the changes as I type it. Usually, my
cursor remains blinking at where I first started my
change, but the field doesn't get usually updated
until after I hit enter. Sometimes I get funny
vertical lines in the general area of where I am
typing. It might be the cursor being draw/redrawn over
stuff.

The scrolling doesn't work quite right either. If I
try to scroll (by using the mouse to drag the bar and
also clicking in the blank areas above/below the bar),
the slide bar doesn't visually move (though the field
does at least scroll). If I click on the arrows on the
slide bar, it scrolls in extremely small increments,
about 1 pixel per click. The PageUp/PageDown keys have
no effect. And the mouse wheel doesn't work at all.

Despite the GUI problems, it does seem to generate the
correct build files if I can manage to setup
everything correctly. The Ncurses interface works
fine.

I'm running Panther on a G4 Cube with 640M RAM and a
Nvidia Geforce2MX. I'm running at 1024x768 resolution.

Are these known issues?

Thanks