[Cmake] problems running cmake with VS 7 .net

Vera Kettnaker kettnv at excite.com
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 18:18:46 -0500 (EST)

--EXCITEBOUNDARY_000__16e5513faa8dacb1c46a3a6f62b5c84f

 I'm trying to compile ITK with cmake. I've specified the source and build directories as E:\ITKsource and E:\ITKbuilt, and selected Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003 as the compiler.I actually have the 2002 version, but that wasn't an option. In any case, when I press"Configure", I get an error window with the following message:"The C compilter "cl" is not able to compile a simple test program. It fails with the following output:Microsoft(R) Development Environment Version 7.00.9466.Copyright(C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2001. All rights reserved.The selected file is not a valid Visual Studio solution file.CMake will not be able to correctly generate thie project.(Press Candel to suppress any further messages)" I've ran cl from the command line many times to compile programs with other scripts, so I don'tthink anything is wrong with cl. I also tried to use VS 6.0 (which I also have installed on my computer), I ran vcvars32.bat to make that version of cl the default, and tried to select  "Visual Studio 6" in the CMake interface, but when I press the Configure button, the compiler selection always changes back to Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003 and then fails in the same way. Does anybody know what the problem is? Thanks. Vera

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com