[Cmake] FW: contruction of variable names

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Aug 19 18:48:38 EDT 2004

Dekeyser, Kris wrote:
> It is not that what I am looking for. I am creating sort of configuration
> files to allow other modules to easily configure themselves to link against
> the module. A depending module would simple need to INCLUDE the
> configuration file of the other module.

There is already an established mechanism to do this.  It is based on
the FIND_PACKAGE command along with the "PackageConfig.cmake" mechanism.
  See "Mastering CMake" section 6.7 for a detailed description.  There
are also examples in the open-source projects at www.vtk.org,
www.itk.org, www.paraview.org, and vxl.sourceforge.net.

-Brad