[Cmake] INSTALL_FILES installs unconditionally

Iker Arizmendi iker at research.att.com
Tue Aug 17 18:39:38 EDT 2004

Andy,

The argument in favor would be that it avoids
unnecessary builds of other sources that rely
on the installed files.

If I build several packages with dependencies
like so:

     A <- B <- C

then I could have package B point into A's source
directory, but it seems more natural to have B
simply rely on whatever A installs (*). This is
especially true if A's install routine calls for
installing more than what's in A's include directory.
For instance, in my case A's build process creates
a config.h file and a custom cmake include file -
both of which reside in A's build directory.

Regards,
Iker

(*) Package B would use FIND macros over common
install locations to find A's files, just like
it would if installed on an end user's machine.