[Cmake] out of source builds

David Somers dsomers at trevezel.com
Mon Aug 2 16:43:57 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to get Cmake to do out of source builds with MSVC6.

So, I'm trying to get the output directories away from my source tree....
but I'm getting very confused!

SET(EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}-exe) seems to set the
output directory.

SET (CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}-bin) seems to have
no effect.

And I can't seem to set the location of th eintermediate files out of my
source tree.

I'm probably doing something fundamentally wrong, so any help appreciated.

(also, I tried using
SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/preproc.c PROPERTIES
DEFINE_SYMBOL "_POSIX_" ) to set a preprocessor definition on a specific
file, but that seems not to work).

Regards,

David