[Cmake] some starting help wanted :-)

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:13:54 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

until now I used only some basic functions of cmake, now I want to do
something more with it, i.e. try to add better support for Qt and KDE.

1) There is a FindQt file, which searches for libqt. Now I'd like to
improve it this way that I can specify which version of Qt I need at least
and whether I need the multithreaded version of Qt or not.

2) With FIND_LIBRARY I was able to find a kde lib, e.g. libkdecore and its
path.
Now kde consists of a lot more libraries and I don't want to FIND_LIBRARY
for each one of them, because this would give me a bunch of directory
variables all with the same value (all kde libs should be in the same
dir).
Maybe I should simply check for one kde lib (libkdecore) and use this path
for all other libs too.

3) Additionally to the Qt moc preprocessor kde features a bunch of other
code generators (e.g. for dcop and other stuff), which have to be run
before the actual compiling. Where do I start to look how to implement
this ?

It would be nice if you could give me some pointers how to start with
these issues :-)

Bye
Alex

--