[Cmake] INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT crashes for "Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003" generator with CMake 1.8.3 and today's CVS

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at coral8.com
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:51:33 -0700

Hi!

I have a crash when I am trying to add an external MSVS project to CMake
using INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT. I have found that exactly the same
issue was reported about "Visual Studio 7"

   http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake/2004-January/004605.html

And it seems that this was fixed:

   $ cvs log cmGlobalVisualStudio7Generator.cxx
   ----------------------------
   revision 1.25
   date: 2004/04/14 20:58:13;  author: hoffman;  state: Exp;
                               lines: +14 -10
   BUG: fix external projects for vc7
   ----------------------------

However, I don't see similar fix for cmGlobalVisualStudio71Generator.*
files. I have tried both CMake 1.8.3 and today's (2004/04/21) CVS head
and it crashes in both cases.

I have tried to apply the diff for cmGlobalVisualStudio7Generator.*
files to cmGlobalVisualStudio71Generator.* files but it does not apply
correctly and after manual tweaking it does not do the right thing
(but does not crash :) ). I would appreciate if you can find time to
fix this crasher.

Thank you in advance,
Aleksey Sanin