[Cmake] nmake install is it removed for good?

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:51:30 -0400

Hi Ilias,

CMake 1.9 (development version) has install in that works on Windows
with nmake and visual studio. With CMake 2.0, this will be part of
release.

The reason why install target was initially taken out is that there is
no /bin/sh on Windows, so no way for install-sh to run.

The new install mechanism uses pure CMake to do installation, so no need
for shell any more.

CMake 2.0 should be out soon.

			Andy