[Cmake] freetype module from vtk

Brad King brad . king at kitware . com
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 17:54:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Klaas Holwerda wrote:

> In my project i us the freetype module from vtk too.
> With the latest Cmake 1.8.1 i get an error on the following line from
> ftconfig.h. Saying that CMAKE_SIZEOF_INT is not available anymore.
>
> #define FT_SIZEOF_INT   ${CMAKE_SIZEOF_INT}
>
> So i checked the latests smae file in Vtk CVS, it is still the same, and
> the i found module in cmake with backwardCompatibility in the name,
> and now i am lost ;-)

I assume you are getting this error when configuring your project with a
copy of VTK's CMake-ified freetype, but not when configuring VTK itself.
The error message you are getting tells you to set
CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATABILITY to 1.4.  Did you try this?

The VTK freetype CMake code was never designed to be built stand-alone
outside VTK.  What you can do is include this in your project:

INCLUDE(${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/CMakeBackwardCompatibilityC.cmake)

You can also probably use the CHECK_TYPE_SIZE macro to set
CMAKE_SIZEOF_INT yourself.

-Brad