[Cmake] large file support

Brad King brad . king at kitware . com
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:25:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Peng Liwei wrote:

> I am using CMake to build our C++ software
> system on RedHat 9 Linux. Can anyone tell me whether
> Cmake has large file support options (64 bits)
> so that we can fseek a 5GB file?
>
> I know autoconf/automake system has such support.
> Does CMake have a similar way?

I'm afraid we don't understand what you're asking.  What program in the
toolchain do you want to access a 5 GB file?  CMake? make? The compiler?
The program that is compiled?

If you just want your software compiled with the proper flags to enable
64-bit fseek operations, then you can add the flags yourself to
CMAKE_C_FLAGS and CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS.  If building your software requires
these flags and will not work without them, then it is possible to write
CMakeLists.txt files that automatically add the flags by detecting the
compiler being used.

-Brad