[Cmake] Linux icc build of CMake has two tests failing

Wheeler, Frederick W (Research) wheeler at crd . ge . com
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:21:45 -0400

Fred Wheeler wrote:
> > > The QT libraries are in /usr/lib on a Linux system, so they
> > must have
> > > been compiled by gcc.  How do you turn off the QT tests?
> > Will setting
> > > this
> > >
> > >   QT_QT_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=IGNORE
> > >
> > > for the configuration of CMake propagate down to Tests/Wrapping?
> >
> > That should prevent the qt tests from being added at all. You
> > could also
> > set QT_INCLUDE_DIR to be empty as well.
>
> Setting QT_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=IGNORE does indeed prevent the Qt
> tests from being added, so now I'm down to 29 tests, from 30,
> as expected.  You can see this on the dashboard continuous
> builds right now.
>
> Tests/wrapping still fails because the qtwrapping exec cannot
> be built.  I have not traced through all the logic, but here
> is what I think is happening when Dart compiles and tests CMake.
>
> 1. Cmake is built with QT_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=IGNORE (that I
> insert), so QT_FOUND is false and the QT test is skipped.
> But the wrapping test is not skipped.
>
> 2. The test framework runs the newly built cmake in
> Tests/wrapping.  This cmake run does not use the CMakeCache
> from the top level, it creates a new one in Tests/wrapping.
> Here Qt is found.
>
> 3. When trying to build in Tests/wrapping there are link
> errors with Qt because of g++/icc incompatibilities.
>
> Is that close to being right?
>
> Is there a way to pass in QT_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=IGNORE to the
> CMake runs that are done in the Test phase so QT_FOUND is
> false during step 2?

I was able to fix this problem by unsetting env var QTDIR.  Luckily, Qt was
installed in an unusual place on that machine, so FindQT.cmake does not find
it without the help of QTDIR.  The build-name note for the icc builds shows
that QTDIR is unset.

There are 4 new nightly CMake dashboard builds from crd.ge.com (and one
continuous).  I assume they are welcome.  They'll keep coming, so they can
be safely added to the expected builds list.

Fred