[Cmake] Linux icc build of CMake has two tests failing

Wheeler, Frederick W (Research) wheeler at crd . ge . com
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 14:47:18 -0400

> > I added a new nightly dashboard build for CMake on Linux,
> using icc.  As you
> > can see, two tests fail.  I'm trying to figure out why.
> >
> > One of the link commands that fails is below.  This looks
> like it should
> > work to me.  The qt library is present, and nm tells me it
> has the symbols
> > that the linker cannot seem to find.
> >
> > Are there any known problems/solutions?  Any guesses as to
> what I might try?
> > I see there are other Linux icc builds that do not have
> this problem.
> >
> > Please include me directly in any replies.  The get the
> Cmake e-mail list in
> > digest format.
>
> The QT library is written in C++.  Is the library against
> which your test
> is linking built with icc or gcc?  I don't think the compilers are
> link-compatible.  The other icc cmake dashboards are not
> running the qt
> tests.

The QT libraries are in /usr/lib on a Linux system, so they must have been
compiled by gcc.  How do you turn off the QT tests?  Will setting this

  QT_QT_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=IGNORE

for the configuration of CMake propagate down to Tests/Wrapping?

-Fred