[Cmake] FW: Studio 7 Debugging types

Brian O'Kennedy b . o'kennedy at 2d3 . com
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 00:23:55 -0000

Thanks for the help. I've had a look at bugtracker, and have
downloaded/compiled the CMake source. I'll look into it a bit more closely,
and see what can be done to propagate the CMAKE_* variables through to the
GUI.

Thanks,
 Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: William A. Hoffman
To: Brian O'Kennedy; 'cmake at www . cmake . org'
Sent: 26/11/03 20:05
Subject: Re: [Cmake] FW: Studio 7 Debugging types

There is a general problem with the visual studio 7 generation.
The flags in the CMAKE_* variables are not always mapped to the
GUI settings.

This can be found here:
http://www . cmake . org/Bug/bug . php?op=show&bugid=42&pos=0

At some point all the possible flags need to be mapped to the GUI
settings.

As for Release having a program database, this is what the IDE
does by default.  If you create a new project without cmake using
the IDE, and look at the Release build, it will have a program
database on.

I guess you could use the nmake makefiles and the flags will work.
Other than that you could change the cmake source, or wait until this
issue gets resolved.

-Bill

At 12:33 PM 11/26/2003, Brian O'Kennedy wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've been having some problems forcing CMake to set specific debug
types
>(/Z7 in this case) for Visual Studio .NET 2003. I've downloaded the
simple
>cmakeExample.tar.gz (http://www . cmake . org/HTML/Examples . html) and
tested the
>following.
>
>Generating a solution from this sets Project
Options->C/C++->General->Debug
>Information Format = Program Database (/Zi)
>under both Debug and Release build types.
>
>This is not quite what I'd expect from looking at the the following
>options in CMakeSetup:
>CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE = /MD /O2
>CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG   = /MDd /Zi /Od /GZ
>
>Surely this means that Debug builds should have Program Database (/Zi)
and