[Cmake] Converting autoconf-project to CMake

Bertram Herzog Bertram . Herzog at web . de
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:07:40 -0500

Hello together,

I was using CMake for Wrapping the offis Oldenburg DICOM Toolkit
(dicom.offis.de) a while ago to Tcl via CABLE. It turned out that CABLE
could not handle all that needed to be handled (esp. file-stream factory
design patterns used to encapsulate the file read/write operations from
the internal DICOM object layer, probably to have openSSL in between).
However, I want to try the project again using CSWIG this time.
But no matter what, it all needs a solid CMake build configuration first
to get the libraries of DCMTK to get wrapped.

DCMTK uses the Autoconf configuration and build system. Is there an
"easier" way of converting to CMake taking into account all the
configuration command line parameters other than "manual re-development"?

I'd be glad to hear a "yes", or "somehow". Otherwise, I'll start digging
into it.

Thanks a lot,
   Yours Bertram Herzog

P.S.: Thanks for the CMake System, though! I like it really a lot.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to buy the book from Germany, yet.